Friday, January 30, 2015

Study for the Constellation Lepus

"Study for the Constellation Lepus" 8" x 10" casein
Copyright Sara Light-Waller, 2015

For a little while now I’ve been writing a fairytale as a series of linked drabbles (100-word stories). “A Patchwork Tale” is planned as a story in three parts, with illustrations in pen & ink and watermedia. Eventually, I’d love to publish it as a bound book. We’ll have to see how that goes later on.

For now, I’m writing Part II and starting the illustrations. Here's a detail study for the first painting. This one is called, "The Constellation Lepus." I'll do two more studies like this one before starting the final painting.
 
If you’re interested in reading Part I of “A Patchwork Tale” you can find it on my other blog: Through the Looking Glass.

No comments:

Post a Comment