Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Where are we now? An update.

It is a well-known fact that as a project is wrapping up there will be delays. That seems to be the rule. In this case, within inches of having my manuscript for Book I out to the Beta readers, I was laid low with something remarkably like the flu. For DAYS!!! I’m on the other side of it now, but recovering slowly. This means returning to the tail ends of editing slowly too.  But that’s okay, it will all get done, eventually, and in perfect order.

The remaining illustration tally is as follows: one illustration in final pencils, yet to be inked. Two more full-page illustrations to complete after that. Then the internal cover art. I’m thinking of doing a table of contents title illustration too, but I'm not sure about that yet. So, not too bad really. I’m still pleased with the cover design I’ve got going. I think I’ll go with it, unless I have big change of heart.

FYI...I’ll be revealing the official book title here soon, so watch for that.

In the meantime, here’s a warm-up drawing I did today showing some of the characters from the book. No spoilers on who they are…yet. Tee-hee.

For now, though, here you go…
Pen & ink sketch, copyright, Sara Light-Waller, 2013
(Please do not share, pin, copy, or use in any way
without express permission of the artist.)

No comments:

Post a Comment