Friday, July 5, 2013

Sketching in the field today

Today was such a lovely day that I took a break from my book illustrations and did some sketching in the field. I haven’t been doing too much field sketching this summer. This is partly because of the weather, which has been dreary and wet much of the time. But also because I’ve been doing so much work in my studio on the book illustrations. So, this was a nice change of pace.

This is Chez Jacroux, where my horse, Percy, lives. The Jacroux family have a lovely farm and I'm most grateful to be able to keep Percy there.

This is the barn at Chez Jacroux.


Here’s my sketch of the barn. 

Pen & ink and watercolor in a
Stillman & Birn sketchbook (I think it’s a Delta.)


My audience. Two very curious ponies watching me draw.

Percy is in the background and Rudy is in the foreground.

No comments:

Post a Comment