Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Daily Report

Illustration by HJ Ford
The next book illustration is almost completed, I expect to have it finished tomorrow. There’s still quite a few illustrations left to go but, as I’m really enjoying the process of doing them, I see no problem having a nicely illustrated book when all's said and done.

Illustration by Willy Pogany
As the work progresses I’ve been contemplating two very prolific illustrators of the early 20th century, H.J. Ford and Willy Pogany. Both of these artists created hundreds of good book illustrations in a remarkably short time. I see no reason at all not to be equally prolific. At the moment, the gate is open and out I charge. By the end of the series, perhaps I too will have created a strong body of illustrations. I guess time will tell. For now, onwards I go, each of the illustrations affecting the text as much as the text is affecting the drawings.

CHARGE!  

No comments:

Post a Comment