Saturday, March 16, 2013

Daily Report: Initial Pen Drawing Completed

Book Illustration, Copyright Sara Light-Waller 2013

I've just completed the initial ink drawing for the next book illustration this morning. Now on the details! I thought I’d post the initial drawing here, as I was talking so much about it in my last post.

You can see Snow Wolf (as she was in the comic) sitting on the bike on the right. That’s it for her old look. From here it’s the steep slope to style for her, but you’ll see that when you read the book. ;-)

I’m having a lot of fun with these old-fashioned complex pen and ink drawings. They’re quite inspired by HJ Ford’s drawing style as seen in Andrew Lang’s colored fairy books but spiced with a hint of manga, and of course, the modern twist of 21st century technology. Cool really.

No comments:

Post a Comment