Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Mark Crilley video




Those of you who follow me on Facebook know I’m quite fond of comic/manga artist Mark Crilley (Brody’s Ghost and Miki Falls.) I thought I’d post Mark’s newest how-to video here today as it does a great job of demonstrating an artistic process that's quite similar to mine. The video shows a time-lapse explanation for how he creates one of his highly-complex dystopian cityscapes.

The timing of this video is rather interesting to me as I’m designing my own dystopian landscapes for some of the Book I illustrations right now. I wonder if my drawings will end up looking anything like Mark’s. I guess time will tell…

Enjoy the video and while watching I challenge you to think about what your own imaginary landscapes might look like.
 
Ciao for now and back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment