Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Book illustration - “This Girl is Under My Protection”


"This Girl is Under My Protection"
Copyright Sara Light-Waller, 2013

Well, here you go, the finished piece seen in development over the past few days. This is the third illustration I’ve done for these books thus far. I’m not sure yet how many illustrations will be in each volume. Of course, the drive is to do many, many illustrations per book but I actually think that a handful will be enough. It seems to me that this creates a sense of anticipation in the reader for when the next plate will be coming along.

At the moment, I have two images jockeying for the next spot in the drawing cue. I don’t yet know which will get the priority slot but I’ll do sketches of them both tonight in order to have the visual notes ready to go no matter which I pick next.

So onwards and upwards and back to inky stained fingers!   

No comments:

Post a Comment