Tuesday, January 8, 2013

While waiting for my haircut appointment

Not unexpectedly, it was raining in Seattle today when I arrived for my haircut appointment. I was a few minutes early and decided to spend the extra time sketching in the car before going into the salon. I'd brought my little pencil sketch kit with me today, it's very easy to carry in my purse and works well in wet weather.

"Outside Brown Hair" - graphite in a ruled journal
Graphite sketch kit
The picture above shows what I've got in my graphite sketching kit (from left to right): Lyra 9B
water-soluble graphite crayon, General's sketching pencil, 6" ruler, white eraser, 2 Prismacolor colored pencils - steel & black, 2 Design Ebony pencils, 2 2B graphite pencils, stump, Pentalic woodless pencil (I think it's a 2B), and a sharpener. It's all fits very well into a Nomadic PE-06 Side Zipper Pencil Case.

No comments:

Post a Comment