Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Great News Everyone! I Am Awarded a Top Prize in the 2012 Noodler’s Ink International Art Contest.

As people who read this blog know, I love classical pen & ink drawing. I also am a huge fan of the Noodler’s Ink Company, the company that produces many of my favorite pens and inks.

Last year it was announced that the Noodler’s Ink Company was having a International Art Contest. Each piece submitted needed to be created using a Noodler’s pen and Noodler’s ink.  The contest’s theme was to show the Noodler’s Catfish logo engaged in a winning battle against evil.

What a fun challenge! I just had to enter.

For my piece I created a cartoon showing a giant patriotic catfish valiantly protecting the Concord Bridge against the Redcoats in 1775 Massachusetts. It was a bit ridiculous but I liked the idea. Especially as Noodler’s Ink is a Massachusetts company. The piece was created using a Noodler’s Flex Pen (my favorite clear demonstrator) and Noodler’s Lexington Grey ink. (Lexington and Concord! How could I resist?)

Here is my award-winning entry!
The caption reads: "Concord Massachusetts, 1775. The Redcoats get a nasty surprise while preparing to cross Concord Bridge. Pen and ink drawing created using with Noodler's flex pen and Lexington Grey ink. Original artwork by Sara Light-Waller of Woodinville, WA. (Copyright Sara Light-Waller, 2011) "

My prize was a brand new not-as-yet-for-sale bottle of Noodler’s “Rome is Burning Ink” and a brand new style of flex pen called the “Konrad.” (I will be doing a separate post later on talking about the new ink and pen more specifically.)

Contest prizes - "Rome is Burning" Ink and the Konrad Flex pen
For today though, I'd like to say a big Thank You to Nathan Tardiff, CEO and founder of the Noodler’s Ink Company. This was a great contest, run in a very classy fashion, and with very generous prizes. What a delight to be able to share my drawings with a company I respect so much.

Cheers everyone, and have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment