Saturday, April 7, 2012

Welcome Spring

Platinum Carbon Black ink and Daniel Smith watercolors in a Stillman and Birn Delta sketchbook.
It’s been a late Spring here in the Pacific Northwest. Our days of sunshine have been rare indeed and I’d heard reports of local hail until just a few days ago. Thursday was one of those rare and beautiful days in Seattle and I spent a few precious hours at Green Lake having lunch and doing some sketching.

This stand of daffodils was just beautiful and I couldn’t resist drawing them. I was planning on adding color on site too, but it turned out I had the wrong mini-palette with me (all Winter colors and no Spring) so I added color at home. I have been doing so much work in black and white lately that it was a real treat to pick up my watercolor brushes again. Hopefully, the weather will hold and I'll be able to do some more outdoor sketching again really soon!

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful drawing! Thanks again for blogging about Stillman & Birn. Feel free to upload to our Facebook page if you would care to do so.
    Regards,
    Michael

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Michael. I would be happy to put it up on your FB page. :-)

      Delete