Sunday, January 9, 2011

More Bradley

"Bradley" Stage 4

"Bradley" continues today. At this point the color is beginning to overtake the under painting. What a relief! For a moment I had my doubts as to whether the non-waxy Polychromos pencils would do the job. I had to control myself and not reach for my usual Prismacolors.

Learning new techniques (like learning anything) takes courage and the willingness to make mistakes. When trying out something new, I always have to discipline myself to stay out of my comfort zone. Not always easy!

2 comments:

  1. Bradley is gorgeous. Reminds me of our scruffy Australian Terrier. Love reading about the process too - the choice of pencils and paper etc - because long ago I used to do colour pencil portraits too. Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete