Thursday, December 16, 2010

My Etsy Shop!

 At long last my new Etsy shop is open! It’s very exciting! The address is http://www.etsy.com/shop/cresciangirl. Right now I have my three Christmas card designs for sale. Each sells for $4.00 plus shipping.

The name of the store is “Cresciangirl’s Art Shop.” There’s a story that goes with the name. As you might notice, it is NOTHING at all like Flying Pony Studios, the name of my pet portrait business. I actually created the shop several years ago with the intention of selling not just art, but also to promote my Steampunk and webcomic materials. This was way before there was a Flying Pony Studios. Right after I set up the name, there followed several years of parental death and trauma. The Etsy store was put on the shelf.

Flash forward to this month  when I sought to open my Etsy shop at long last. Only then did I remember that it had a different (and more personal) name. However, the unusual name provided me with an interesting opportunity while setting up the shop. In this shop I felt I could branch out beyond what I typically do in my art business and provide a wider range of creative things to sell. So far I know that there will be handmade original art cards & prints, and also ACEOs. But there may also be other things, like some of my craft creations, Steampunk weaponry and attire, and who knows what else! Even Manga designs. What fun! I can already see that I’m going to have a lot of fun with this store concept. It’ll be a Sara Creative Special Deluxe! :-D

No comments:

Post a Comment