Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Today’s sketches

Today I went walking in the Redmond watershed and visited a beaver pond. Here are some excerpts from my sketch journal. It was a beautiful day for walking and painting. I was joined by my friend Jill and we had a lovely afternoon.

 

I am in the process of adjusting my travel kit and figuring out the best things to carry as I sketch and paint. Today I tried out the Niji waterbrush for the first time. It does a really great job for on-the-go painting. (Now I just need to buy a smaller size for detailing. :-)) I also tried out a new lightweight palette with a thumbhole. I really liked the palette a lot. Finally, I experimented with some sharpened Daniel Smith watercolor sticks for spot color. I'm not yet sure what I think of those. I'll need to work with them some more before I make any final decisions about keeping them in my travel kit.

No comments:

Post a Comment